ERP for OCD Group Therapy
Welcome to boosting your outcomes in OCD treatment through ERP in a group setting, with the goal of greater symptom reduction- and most importantly, life engagement and growth. This is an advanced level group. We are serious about life-long engagement and pursuit of goals without letting OCD get in the way! Comorbid diagnoses are treated in group insomuch as they do not deter from group focus. Screening is required to ensure each group member can benefit.
- Minimum 8 week commitment with these prerequisites:
- Basic understanding of CBT and ERP for OCD. This requires having had education on these topics in a clinical setting.
- Experience with developing and successfully implementing exposures in counseling sessions and outside of them.
- No clinical "detours" (e.g., untreated addiction, trauma, severe depression) that need treatment first.
- All clients must go through at least 2-3 individual counseling sessions to screen for appropriateness. If prerequisites for the group are not met, sessions can help prepare to join.