OCD can be a highly debilitating disorder- yet it is highly treatable!
You don’t have to check your faith at the door to get good help.
One example is from Dr. Elizabeth McIngvale, Director of the McLean OCD Institute // Houston and Lecturer at Harvard Medical School. She is also Founder of the Peace of Mind Foundation. In response to several interview questions below, she generously shared the video here.
Faith and OCD- An Interview with Dr. Elizabeth McIngvale
- How did you gain strength from your faith, particularly in the hardest parts of your suffering with OCD?
- What do you see as barriers for Christians getting into treatment?
- Are there any unique strengths Christians possess in OCD treatment?
- What added complexities surround faith and spirituality?
- For example, how does scrupulosity play off what matters to you? How do spiritual things get someone “tripped up.” Etc.
- Do you have a verse or quote you could pass along for inspiration?
What Ideas Do YOU Have?
Let me know what else you’d like to hear/see- and feel free to submit other people’s names you would like to hear from next. Grace and peace to you.
Leave a Reply